33 most colourful places in the world for your bucket list
Every place you visit is colourful in its own unique way. However, there are some destinations that make themselves hard to forget through their picturesque hues, shades and tones. Which ones have left a mark on you? And which ones are you adding on your bucket list to visit next?
Check out the following list of carefully selected colourful places, either manmade or natural, that you must visit at least once in your life.
- Cinque Terre, Italy
- Five Flower Lake, Jiuzhaigou Valley, China
- Brighton Beach, Melbourne, Australia
- Mendenhall Ice Caves, Juneau, Alaska
- Palais Des Congres, Montreal, Canada
- Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- Tulip fields, the Netherlands
- Rue Targui, Chefchaouen, Morocco
- Lavender fields, France
- Marble Caves, Chile
- Tunnel Of Love, Klevan, Ukraine
- Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia
- Rua Luis de Camōes, Águeda, Portugal
- Fly Geyser, Northern Nevada
- Daigo-ji Temple, Kyoto, Japan
- Dallol, Ethiopia
- Caño Cristales River, Colombia
- Bo-Kaap, Cape Town, Africa
- Lake Retba, Senegal
- Santorini, Greece
- Morning Glory Pool, Yellowstone National Park
- Rio Tinto, Spain
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Crystal Caves, Iceland
- Binalong Bay, Bay Of Fires, Tasmania
- Panjin Red Beach, China
- Northern Lights of Tromsø, Norway
- Death Valley During a Super Bloom, California
- Wisteria Tunnel, Japan
- Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park, China
- Sagano Bamboo forest, Arashiyama, Japan
- Havasu falls, Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Antelope Canyon, Arizona
1. Cinque Terre, Italy
The five fishing communities of the Cinque Terre are the most iconic spot of the Italian Riviera.
2. Five Flower Lake, Jiuzhaigou Valley, China
The Five Flower Lake is a shallow multi-colored lake whose bottom is crisscrossed by ancient fallen tree trunks.
3. Brighton Beach, Melbourne, Australia
Apart from having crystal clear water, Brighton Beach is famous for its brightly colourful beach huts.
4. Mendenhall Ice Caves, Juneau, Alaska
Breathtakingly blue walls shimmer in the "Glacier Behind the Town" and “Glacier Behind the Little Lake”.
5. Palais Des Congres, Montreal, Canada
This remarkable piece of architecture has a multicoloured façade, which has been added relatively recently. When the sun shines, every bit of architecture is bathed in colours.
6. Blue Lagoon, Iceland
The geothermal spa is one of the most visited attractions in Iceland, located in a lava field, half hour away from the airport.
7. Tulip fields, the Netherlands
The striking colors of the flowering tulip bulbs are a typical sight in Holland during the spring, and are a must see/ must experience.
8. Rue Targui, Chefchaouen, Morocco
Chefchaouen (often abbreviated as “Chaouen”) has narrow Chaouen-blue pedestrian streets, offering breathtaking views of the lush valley below.
9. Lavender fields, France
The lavender fields, in full bloom from June to August, are the soul of Provence and create an amazing atmosphere with their beautiful scenery.
10. Marble Caves, Chile
These stunningly beautiful caves show that Mother Nature has outdone herself. The azure water of the lake reflects on the cavern walls, putting on a spectacle.
11. Tunnel Of Love, Klevan, Ukraine
The leafy green train tunnel is on the list of the most romantic places in the world.
12. Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia
A thin layer of water transforms Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni into a striking reflective canvas, incredibly white during the day, with spectacular pink hues at sunset.
13. Rua Luis de Camōes, Águeda, Portugal
Hundred of colourful umbrellas cover this street during the hot summer days, casting a playful array of shadows on the street below.
14. Fly Geyser, Northern Nevada
A collision of human error and natural geothermal pressure created this rainbow-colored geologic wonder.
15. Daigo-ji Temple, Kyoto, Japan
A National Treasure of Japan, the temple is beautiful in all four seasons, although autumn brings a vivid red colour from the maple leaves.
16. Dallol, Ethiopia
One of the hottest places in a world has some visually striking hot springs, with vibrant cyan pools. Are you brave enough to endure the climate and see the incredibly vibrant tones?
17. Caño Cristales River, Colombia
The River of Five Colours, it is the most spectacular natural wonder in Colombia.
18. Bo-Kaap, Cape Town, Africa
One of the most photographed place in Cape Town, Bo Kaap has brightly coloured painted houses and quaint cobbled streets.
19. Lake Retba, Senegal
The natural pink lake (Lac Rose) in Senegal is an incredible sight. The pink hue comes from the micro algae living in the perfect conditions caused by the water’s high salt content.
20. Santorini, Greece
One of the most popular islands in the world, Santorini combines beautiful beaches with spectacular scenery and ancient cities.
21. Morning Glory Pool, Yellowstone National Park
The beautiful geyser has bright bands of orange, yellow, and a green ring around the deep blue waters.
22. Rio Tinto, Spain
The river is tinted red from 5,000 years of mining and is considered the birthplace of the Copper Age and Bronze Age.
23. Copenhagen, Denmark
The capital city of Denmark has many colourful streets, and one of the most popular one is Nyhavn, lined with brightly coloured buildings.
24. Crystal Caves, Iceland
Sometimes called Crystal Caves, the ice caves in Icelandic glaciers are a truly mesmerizing wonder of nature.
25. Binalong Bay, Bay Of Fires, Tasmania
The coastal landscape features orange lichen-coloured boulders, breathtakingly white beaches and turquoise-coloured ocean breaks.
26. Panjin Red Beach, China
This beach transforms into a crimson red during the autumn months, the source of breath-taking photographs.
27. Northern Lights of Tromsø, Norway
Tromsø offers one of the highest probabilities to experience the northern lights, a magical phenomenon you must tick off your bucket list.
28. Death Valley During a Super Bloom, California
Death Valley is a beautiful place to visit during the entire year, but if you want to see yourself the colourful carpet of wildflowers, go during a “Super Bloom”.
29. Wisteria Tunnel, Japan
The magical tunnel is in full bloom during the months of April and May, creating a pastel-coloured passageway of wisteria flowers.
30. Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park, China
Zhangye's Danxia landscape has lots of precipitous red cliffs and rainbow ridges, ready to be admired.
31. Sagano Bamboo forest, Arashiyama, Japan
One of the most beautiful forests in the world, the Sagano Bamboo forest is definitely on the list of places you must see in your life.
32. Havasu falls, Grand Canyon, Arizona
The Havasupai Waterfalls are the most dramatic waterfalls and their water is turquoise due to the being stored underground for as much as 30,000 years.
33. Antelope Canyon, Arizona
The Antelope Canyon is definitely on top of the list of places you need to see in the world. The light beams among the rocks create amazing photography opportunities.
See more, do more, feel more with budgetair.co.uk
Want to read more?