Airlines and destinations
Although it might not offer long haul flights London City Airport serves a wide range of domestic and European destinations from plenty of providers. The airport is particularly handy for anyone who intends to visit ski resorts in the Swiss Alps, city break travellers to Spain, the Netherlands, Germany or Italy, and business travellers to Zurich or Frankfurt.
Airlines and destinations from London City Airport
Airlines operating out of the airport include:
- Alitalia - who fly into Rome Fiumicino and Milan Linate
- Aurigny - provide a regular flight between London and Guernsey
- British Airways - who fly into New York JFK via specially adapted Airbus A318 planes and also offer connections to destinations like Alicante, Amsterdam, Florence, Edinburgh, Ibiza, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca and Zurich. The westward leg of the flight to JFK includes a brief refuelling stop at Shannon Airport in Ireland.
- CityJet - fly to Amsterdam, Antwerp, Florence, Dublin, Nantes, Paris-Orly and Rotterdam
- Flybe - link London City to domestic destinations like Aberdeen, Belfast, Cardiff, Exeter, Edinburgh and Jersey, as well as international destinations like Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Paris Charles de Gaulle.
- KLM - operate a single service to Amsterdam.
- Lufthansa CityLine - connect London to Frankfurt
- Luxair - fly into Luxembourg
- SkyWork Airlines - fly to Swiss destinations like Basel and Bern
- Swiss International Airlines - fly to Zurich and Geneva