One Of The World's Safest Airlines
EVA Air is Taiwan's second largest airline and was established in 1989 following the liberalisation of the Taiwanese aviation market. Initially, EVA flew only within South East Asia, but during the 1990s, it underwent significant international expansion after the addition of Trans-Pacific and European routes. Nowadays, EVA flies to nearly 80 destinations worldwide and serves over 11 million passengers per year. EVA Air stands out in terms of its safety record (being listed as one of the world's safest airlines) and is also recognised for its service quality.
Flying with EVA Air
Cabin classes with EVA are as follows:
- Economy or Main Cabin.
- Elite, which features ample space, mood lighting, and free WiFi.
- Premium Laurel, which offers working space, reclinable seats that can be used as beds and a 62-inch seat pitch.
- Royal Laurel, where fully reclinable seats are arranged in rows of one.
- Business, which features state-of-the-art amenities ranging from situational lighting to gourmet food.
There is a wide range of fare categories available, going from ECO Super Sale (the cheapest and most restricted in terms of changes and cancellations) to Elite Special (the most expensive), and including ECO Special, ECO Saver, ECO Semi Flex and ECO Flex, which vary in terms of access to upgrades and fees applied to changes, refunds and cancellations. EVA has six more fare types in Elite Class and three Business Class fares.
The Infinity Mileage Lands frequent flyer programme offers airport and reservation privileges, as well as duty-free discounts, access to extra bonus miles and other benefits when flying with a Star Alliance airline. For more details, go to here.
Online check-in and complimentary seat selection are available on the EVA Air website from 24 hours to 3 hours before departure. Passengers can also print their boarding passes using the self-service machines available at select airports. Members of the Infinity Mileage Lands programme who have Diamond status and depart from Taipei have access to a private check-in lounge and all other passengers must check-in at the airline's airport counters.
- EVA's free checked baggage allowance is one bag of up to 30 kg (66 lb) for Economy passengers, 35 kg (77 lb) for Elite passengers and 40 kg (88 lb) for Business, Premium, and Royal Laurel ticket holders. On flights to and from the Americas, passengers are allowed two pieces of baggage of no more than 23 kg (50 lb) in Economy, 28 kg (62 lb) in Elite and 32 kg (70) in Business, Premium and Royal Laurel as long as the bag's maximum linear dimensions don't exceed 158 cm (62 inches).
- Carry-on baggage limits are two pieces of maximum 7 kg (15 lb) in Business, Premium and Royal Laurel and one piece in all other classes. Carry-on dimensions cannot exceed 56 x 36 x 23 cm (L x W x H). One personal item per travellers is allowed in addition to the standard carry-on luggage.
- Detailed information on baggage allowances and exclusions can be found here here.