Check-in with Etihad Airways
At Etihad Airways, you can check in quickly and easily in several ways. You can check in online from 30 hours up to 1 hour before departure. You will receive your electronic boarding pass on your smartphone or tablet. Of course, it is also possible to check in at the check-in desk at the airport.
Online check-in is not mandatory with Etihad Airways. You can check in via the check-in desks or via the self-service kiosks at the airport.
A very, generous luggage allowance is offered for each fare category:
- Up to 23 kg for economy class
- Two bags, up to 23 kg for business class
- Two bags, up to 32 kg for first class travellers
If you fly in Economy Class, you are allowed to bring 1 piece of hand luggage of a maximum of 7 kg. In addition, you may bring a personal item such as a handbag or laptop with a maximum weight of 5 kg.
In Business Class and First Class you are allowed to take 2 pieces of hand luggage with you, which together may weigh up to 12 kg. Take a personal item such as a handbag or laptop with a maximum weight of 5 kg.
The maximum dimensions of the hand luggage may not exceed 56 x 36 x 23 cm. The personal item cannot be larger than 23 x 39 x 19 cm.
- In Economy Class, checked baggage cannot exceed 23 kg per suitcase. You can divide the permitted weight over several suitcases.
- For Business class, there is a limit of 40 kg per suitcase.
- For First Class, the limit is 50 kg.
Please note: a suitcase may weigh a maximum of 32 kg. If your suitcase is too heavy, it can be transported with Etihad Cargo. The maximum size of checked baggage is 72 x 90 x 45 cm.